Lamb’s Local Hero
Every Hero Deserves Their Own Theme Song
CORBY SPIRIT AND WINE LIMITED
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: The sponsor of this contest is Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (the “Sponsor”). To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec. A person must be of legal drinking age in their province of residence at the time of entry, and must not be an employee of, or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee of: the Sponsor, provincial liquor boards, provincial liquor agencies, retailers and their employees (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, the promotion agency (the “independent contest organization”), prize suppliers, or their respective agents or associated companies. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: A “Local Hero” is someone who is always willing to help when it’s needed most and who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty doing it. They could care less about recognition or rewards because they are too busy doing good for others in their community. They put the needs of their community in front of their own personal needs, all in the name of the greater good. Enter your name, address, telephone number, the name and story of your “Local Hero” (in 250 words or less) and the answer to the skill-testing question on the official entry form on www.lambslocalhero.ca, or on a plain piece of paper, not mechanically reproduced, and mailed to attn.: Nick Seguin, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited., 225 King Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3M2. Each entrant confirms that they have received the consent of the Local Hero featured in their submission. The Contest Starting Date is July 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. EST. The Contest Closing Date is August 31, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date or applicable entry period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules & regulations (“Contest Rules”), which are also available at www.lambslocalhero.ca. Limit one entry per person during the promotion period.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
4. PRIZE(S): The prize to be awarded consists of twenty thousand Canadian dollars (CAD$20,000) cash, which shall be divided up equally between the entrant and their Local Hero. The Local Hero will also have an original folk song written about them by the band Rum Ragged. The Sponsor will retain all rights and ownership over the final song. Finally, the winner will receive one party courtesy of the Sponsor in their hometown at a location of the Sponsor’s choosing (approximate value of $10,000.00).
The prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. The winner(s) shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the prize(s). The prize(s) may differ from those shown on any advertising material. The prize winner(s) are responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The winning story will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of employees from the Sponsor and band members from Rum Ragged. In order to be selected as the winner, the submitted story must: (a) Tell a coherent story about a “Local Hero” in the community (see description in Section 2); (b) contain 250 words or less; and (c) contain no crude or offensive content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The panel of judges will select a winning story from all eligible entries received by the Closing Contest Date or applicable entry period on or about Friday, September 8, 2017 at the office of the Sponsor located at 225 King Street West, Suite 1100, Toronto Ontario, M5V 3M2. To be declared a winner, selected entrants will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on either the entry materials or the release form and must comply with these Contest Rules. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail within ten (10) business days. If a selected winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within ten (10) business days from the date contact is first attempted, he or she will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and time-permitting. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization are final.
6. APPLICABLE LAW: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
9. RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any liability in connection with this contest or occurring as a result of the prize(s) being awarded.
10. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, prize suppliers, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this contest or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
11. LIQUOR BOARDS/AGENCIES/RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.